Mesa Ant Control
Professional Ant Removal Services in the East Valley
Ants are one of the most common household pests. These critters are continually searching for food and water, which is why they often end up inside our houses. Ants are not only attracted to sugary and starchy foods but also moisture sources such as standing water and damp items. While ants don’t usually strike fear in humans, as is the case for other pests such as spiders and cockroaches, we certainly don’t want them in our homes.
Ant infestations are frustrating, challenging to resolve, and often require the services of a professional. If you have an ant problem you can’t seem to fix on your own, call Defense Pest Control for a fast and effective solution. Our Mesa ant control experts have over 65 collective years of experience and are equipped with everything necessary to remove your ant infestation.
Types of Ants in Arizona
As you may already know, ants play a vital role in the ecosystem. Through their moving of soil to build their nests and collecting food, ants affect the nutrients of the soil. They also act as decomposers, feeding on insects, organic waste, and dead animals.
There are over 300 different species of ants, and Arizona is home to dozens of them. Some of the most common ants affecting Mesa homeowners include:
- Carpenter ants – Although these ants do not eat wood, they do excavate wood in the process of making their nests in dry, moist, or rotting wood. If left unresolved, an infestation can cause cosmetic damage and even weaken the structural integrity of a house.
- Fire ants – This type of ant likes to build nests in sunny, open spaces, like your lawn. They have a painful bite, which can even be fatal, and are particularly dangerous for children and pets. If there is a colony on your property, it could consist of anywhere from 100,000 to 500,000 ants.
- Crazy ants – If you see any ants that rush around in erratic fashion when you disturb them, you’re probably dealing with crazy ants. They typically migrate to the inside of homes when the weather turns cold, and they’ll eat just about anything. Crazy ants also bite when they’re disturbed, though these bites are not as dangerous as fire ant bites.
- Pavement ants – Like fire ants, pavement ants live outdoors (on patios, sidewalks, and driveways) and are known for biting. This species is also dangerous for children and pets, especially those that are extremely sensitive to insect bites.
- Forelius ants – While harmless, these ants can be a nuisance. They are usually found in people’s pantries and other areas where food is stored.
- Odorous house ants – When crushed, this type of ant emits a smell of rotten coconuts. They like to build their nests both indoors and outdoors. You might find them near heaters, beneath floors, under carpets, or in wall crevices.
How to Get Rid of Ants in Your House
When you see one ant, there are most likely many more. An ant infestation in your home is a serious problem. Many homeowners want to look to natural ways to eliminate ants from their property. Here's a short list of some natural ways to get rid of ants from your house.
- Hand Soap - Soapy water is a very effective way to remove ant pheromones from surfaces in your home. Using it on ant trails you've discovered or any of your home's entry points (windows, doors, etc.) will help to prevent future ants from coming into your home.
- Pepper - Pepper is a great way to get ants out of your home. Ants strongly dislike the smell of pepper. Both black and red pepper are very effective as natural ant deterrent.
- White Vinegar - Vinegar is known to kill ants and repel ants from returning. If ants have made their way into your home, clean hard surfaces (countertops, floors, etc.) with a mixture of 50% water and 50% white vinegar.
- Peppermint - One natural repellant for both ants and mosquitoes is peppermint. Simply spray a mixture of water and peppermint essential oils around the entry points of your home. Be sure to keep the peppermint oil out of reach of pets. If exposed, they can become very ill.
If you have spotted a trail of ants in your home, it’s important to take action as quickly as possible. Defense Pest Control is here to provide a free inspection to help you understand the nature and extent of the problem. We can advise you on the best treatment plans and ensure that your home stays ant free year-round.
Call Defense Pest Control at (480) 485-3053 for customized ant control in Mesa.
$50 Off Pest Service Restrictions may apply. Contact us for more information!Valid from Apr 1, 2021 - Dec 31, 2022
$35 Off When You Refer a Friend Restrictions may apply. Contact us for more information!Valid from Apr 1, 2021 - Dec 31, 2022
10% Off Termite Treatments Restrictions may apply. Contact us for more information!Valid from Apr 1, 2021 - Dec 31, 2022
10% Off Weed Control Restrictions may apply. Contact us for more information!Valid from Apr 1, 2021 - Dec 31, 2022
Hassle-Free Pest Control