Protecting Your Home from Termites in Phoenix, Tucson & Surrounding Areas
Termites are a homeowner's worst nightmare. These tiny pests can cause thousands of dollars in damage to your home, and you may not even know they are there until it is too late. At Defense Pest Control, we offer termite control in Gilbert and the surrounding areas to help you protect your home from these destructive pests. Our team has over 15 years of experience and is committed to providing the highest quality service. We use the most advanced products and techniques to ensure that your home is protected from termites all year long.
How to Identify a Termite Infestation
Termites are small, winged insects that are often mistaken for ants. They are usually light brown or white and have straight antennae. Termites are social insects that live in large colonies and feed on wood and other cellulose materials. They are often found in the soil, but they can also infest your home and cause extensive damage.
There are several signs that you may have a termite infestation, including:
- Swarmers - One of the most obvious signs of a termite infestation is the presence of swarmers. These are winged termites that are looking to start a new colony. They are often seen in the spring and summer months and are attracted to light. If you see swarmers in or around your home, it is a good indication that you have a termite problem.
- Mud Tubes - Termites build mud tubes to travel between their colony and their food source. These tubes are about the width of a pencil and are usually found on the foundation of your home or other wooden structures. If you see mud tubes on your property, it is a good indication that you have a termite infestation.
- Wood Damage - Termites feed on wood and other cellulose materials, so they can cause extensive damage to your home. If you notice any wood damage, such as sagging floors or ceilings, hollow-sounding wood, or peeling paint, it is a good indication that you have a termite infestation.
- Discarded Wings - After swarmers mate, they shed their wings and look for a place to start a new colony. If you find discarded wings in or around your home, it is a good indication that you have a termite infestation.
If you notice any of these signs, it is important to contact a professional for termite control in Gilbert right away. The longer you wait, the more damage termites can cause to your home.
How to Prevent a Termite Infestation
Preventing a termite infestation is much easier than getting rid of one. There are several things you can do to help protect your home from termites, including:
- Remove Wood Piles - Termites are attracted to wood, so it is important to remove any wood piles from your property. If you need to store firewood, make sure it is at least 20 feet away from your home and 5 inches off the ground.
- Keep Soil Away from Wood - Termites are attracted to moisture, so it is important to keep soil away from wood. Make sure that the soil around your home is properly graded and that your gutters and downspouts are working properly.
- Seal Cracks and Crevices - Termites can enter your home through even the smallest cracks and crevices. Make sure that all cracks and crevices are properly sealed to help prevent a termite infestation.
- Reduce Moisture - Termites are attracted to moisture, so it is important to reduce moisture around your home. Make sure that your gutters and downspouts are working properly and that your crawl space is properly ventilated. You should also fix any leaky pipes or faucets and remove any standing water from your property.
- Remove Dead Trees and Stumps - Termites are attracted to dead trees and stumps, so it is important to remove them from your property. If you have a tree that is dead or dying, it is a good idea to have it removed as soon as possible.
While these tips can help reduce your risk of a termite infestation, they are not foolproof. The best way to protect your home from termites is to have regular termite inspections and treatments from a professional.
How Often Should You Have Your Home Inspected for Termites?
Regular termite inspections are crucial to prevent extensive damage to your home. Inspection frequency depends on factors like home age and construction type. Generally, annual inspections are recommended, but high termite population areas may require more frequent checks. Professionals assess signs of infestation and recommend treatment plans if termites are found, safeguarding your home.
How to Get Rid of Termites
If you have a termite infestation, it is important to contact a professional for termite control in Gilbert right away. Termites can cause extensive damage to your home, and the longer you wait, the more damage they can cause. At Defense Pest Control, we offer a variety of termite treatments to get rid of termites and protect your home from future infestations.
Our termite treatments include:
- Termidor® Liquid Treatment - Termidor® is a liquid termiticide that is applied to the soil around your home. It is undetectable to termites, so they will not know that they are coming into contact with it. When termites come into contact with Termidor®, they carry it back to their colony and spread it to other termites. This is known as the "Transfer Effect," and it can eliminate the entire termite colony in as little as 90 days.
- Sentricon® Bait and Monitoring System - Sentricon® is a termite bait and monitoring system that is installed around your home. The bait stations contain a slow-acting poison that is highly attractive to termites. When termites feed on the bait, they carry it back to their colony and spread it to other termites. This can eliminate the entire termite colony in as little as 90 days. The Sentricon® system also includes monitoring stations that are checked regularly for termite activity. If termite activity is found, the bait stations can be replaced with new ones to keep the termites under control.
- Termite Pre-Treatment - If you are building a new home, it is important to have a termite pre-treatment. This involves applying a liquid termiticide to the soil before the foundation is poured. The termiticide creates a barrier that termites cannot cross, so they will not be able to infest your home.
Our team will work with you to determine the best termite treatment for your home. We will also provide you with tips on how to prevent a termite infestation in the future.
Why Choose Defense Pest Control?
At Defense Pest Control, we are committed to providing the highest quality service. We are a locally owned and operated company that is dedicated to serving our community. We are licensed, bonded, and insured, and all of our technicians are highly trained and experienced. We use the most advanced products and techniques to ensure that your home is protected from termites all year long. We also offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied with our service, we will return to your home and re-treat at no additional cost to you.
Call (480) 485-3053 today to schedule a free estimate for termite control in Gilbert.
“I've had nothing but great service from Defense Pest Control so yes, I would highly recommend them for your pest control needs.” - Brandi B.